Stereo analog compressor in 4hp
MSCL is a stereo compressor in 4 hp designed for your master bus to help "glue" your mix together. Inspired by the DBX "Over Easy" style compressor, it features independent attack and release knobs, output gain, and an all-in-one knob function for compression which decreases threshold, increases gain and ratio all with one turn. Limit Switch allows MSCL to act more like a peak limiter. The threshold switch lets you compress signals of different amplitudes. It also features a side chain input for classic ducking sounds on stereo tracks.
- Stereo Compressor in 4 HP
- Sidechain input for classic ducking sounds
- Easy and intuitive design
- Threshold switch lets you compress modular level signals as well as lower level sources
- Limit switch limits the makeup gain on the comp knob to make compressor act more like a peak limiter
Comp knob: adjusts makeup gain, threshold, ratio simultaneously.
- 1.25:1 to infinite:1 ratio
Attack Knob: Controls how fast the compressor will react to incoming transients
Attack speed: 0.15ms/dB to 0.1s/dB
Release Knob: Controls the speed in which the compressor will release.
Release speed: 0.6ms/dB to 4s/dB
Gain Knob: Adds up to +-35dB on the output
Threshold Switch: Changes the threshold rainge
Three ranges: -15dBu, -4dBu, +5dBu
Limit Switch: Limits the comp knob's makeup gain. Makes the MSCL operate more as a peak limiter.
Three selections: Inf, 9dB, 3dB
- Power: +12V = 50mA; -12V = 50mA
- Size: 4HP
- Depth: 38mm.
- Input Impedance: 20k
- Side Chain Impedance 100k
- Output Impedance: 220 ohms
- RMS and Adaptive Detector Response
- Green/Red indicator for Gain/Reduction
- AC Coupled signal pass
- DC coupled bypass
- AC coupled Sidechain
- Every WMD product is warrantied for 12 months after purchase, but please contact us if you ever have problems. We will take care of you.
The WMD MSCL Stereo Compressor is used in this video: