The world’s most famous limiter, on your pedalboard.
Introduced in 1967, the Universal Audio 1176 remains the king of audio limiting, heard on more classic records than any other compressor. Built on the powerful UAFX engine, the 1176 Studio Compressor delivers the same punchy, expressive tones of the world-renowned hardware, now in a compact stompbox.
- Put the most authentic emulation of the legendary 1176 studio compressor on your pedalboard
- Use Single, Dual, and Sustain modes for iconic compression tones and effects
- Find your sound fast with simple controls faithful to the original hardware
- Rely on timeless UA craftsmanship, built for stage and studio
Get Three World-Famous Sounds in a Single Pedal
From the subtle squeeze of a single 1176 to the endless sustain of two units in parallel à la Lowell George or the compressed crunch of Led Zeppelin IV, you can get the same iconic tones and effects heard on thousands of classic records with a trio of legendary 1176 setups.
Punch up and Elevate your Clean Tones
From slithery ’70s slide to chicking picking and funk, 1176 Studio Compressor gives you iconic squeeze for any genre. With simple Attack and Release controls, plus infinite Ratio settings and infamous “all buttons in” for smashed sounds, you’ll get classic tones, and tons more.
Pack Classic Compression from Stage to Studio
Built for decades of dependable performance on stage and in studio, 1176 Studio Compressor gives you switchable true/buffered bypass and a parallel compression mode in a compact pedalboard-friendly enclosure — so you can elevate your effects chain in a snap.
- Authentic emulation of the 1176LN Limiting Amplifier in a compact stompbox
- Single, Dual, and Sustain modes for decades of classic guitar effects
- Input, Output, Attack, and Release settings true to original 1176 hardware
- Ratio knob includes “all buttons in” mode for squashed, gritty textures
- Parallel compression mode, true/buffered bypass