The new standard in stereo hand held recorders
The DR-05X is the new standard in stereo hand held recorders with its powerful features, simple interface and excellent sound quality. It is the first choice for recording meetings, music, audio-for-video, dictation, and more.
DR-05X allows high-quality recording utilizing an easy-to-use interface, and is portable and powerful but with a size and price that anyone can handle. Dual internal condenser microphones can handle anything from subtle to loud to 125dB SPL, with sensitivity to capture every detail.
The layout of the DR-05X has been revamped to be quick and easy to work with one thumb. Operations like recording, adjusting levels, deleting bad takes and adding markers are just a button press away.
DR-05X uses only two AA batteries and has ultra-long battery capability. When using built-in microphones, recording lasts 17.5 hours when recording with standard 2ch WAV, 44.1kHz/ 16bit format using alkaline batteries.
Also DR-05X can be powered by a USB mobile battery as well for super long extended use.
Peak Reduction works in rehearsal mode or in record. Even if the sound or performance is louder than the sound check you’re safe. Combined with Auto level and Limiter for preventing distortion, you never have to worry.
If you don’t like the last part of a phrase you just recorded with your guitar, or if you change your mind and want to rephrase narration, the “Overwrite mode” is exactly what you need. Overwrite mode allows punch-in recording from a desired point. It is destructive editing with one level of undo.
The overdubbing function allows for Overdub Recording while playing a previously recorded file. This allows you to record other parts such as a guitar solo over a recording previously made such as at a rehearsal studio. Overdubbing creates a new file, leaving the original file unaffected, making it easy to re-record.
- Stereo omni directional condenser microphones
- Support multiple menu languages (ENG/FRA/DEU/ITA/ESP/RUS/PRT/JPN/CHI/KOR)
- Overwrite function for Punch-In recording with one level of Undo
- Functions as a 2in/ 2out USB Audio Interface for Mac, PC or iOS recording
- Dictation mode designed for human voice recording and transcription
- Reverb effect for vocal and instrument resonance
- Auto recording function that can detect the sound input signal level and automatically start recording
- Proven high sound pressure design for capturing loud sounds of up to 125dB SPL
- Peak reduction function
- Self timer recording function
- Seamless gain control
- Three low cut filter levels (40/80/120Hz)
- Speed change (VSA) function for adjusting the speed from 0.5 to 2.0 times (in 0.1 increments)
- Level align feature that prevents uneven volume levels
- Equalizer setting for adjusting playback sound quality
- Divide/delete functions
- Loop/repeat playback function
- Resume function that retains the last stop position and starts playback from that position when power is turned back ON
- Jump back and play (1 to 10 sec in 1 sec increments, 10 sec, 20 sec, 30 sec)
- QUICK menu button for easy access to various functions
- High-quality 96kHz/24-bit WAV/BWF linear PCM recording and long recordings as MP3 files possible
- microSD/microSDHC/microSDXC (up to 128GB) cards can be used as recording media
- Mark function that can set up to 99 points for a single track Mark information can be utilized by BWF compatible software
- Audio files created on computers can be played (Only in formats compatible with this product)
- Built-in monaural speaker with an output of 0.3W
- Pre-recording buffer that can record up to 2 seconds prior to starting recording
- When a predetermined maximum file size is reached, a new file is created to continue recording
- Track increment creates new files at arbitrary locations during recording
- File name format can be set to use a user-defined word or the date
- The first six characters of the file name for recording can be set freely
- Playlist function
- A chromatic tuner is equipped which is helpful for practicing musical instruments
- Stereo mini jack for external stereo microphones (provides plug-in power) / External line input
- Stereo mini line output / Headphone output connector
- 128×64 pixel graphic LCD with backlight
- High-speed file transfer to a computer is possible using USB 2.0
- Powered by 2 AA batteries, USB bus power, or optional AC adapter (PS-P520E)
- Tripod attachment screw-hole built in to the unit
*DR11G MKII Accessory Kit is sold separately and available here!