The FH-2 is an 8HP Eurorack module combining the following functions:
MIDI to CV conversion including polyphonic and MPE operation.
- The FH-2 is simultaneously a USB MIDI host, a USB MIDI device, and also supports traditional 5-pin DIN MIDI.
- Support for drum triggers including triggers with velocity or accents.
- Support for automatic VCO calibration (similar to that in Silent Way).
Clock generation and synchronisation.
- MIDI clock (in and out), analogue clock (in and out), or internal clock (BPM or tap tempo).
- LFO generation, including tempo-synced LFOs.
- Euclidean pattern generators.
The FH-2 has 8 high precision CV outputs, expandable to 64 with the FHX-1 Output Expander. Up to 64 extra gate/trigger/clock outputs can also be added with the FHX-8GT Gate Expander.
The module can be completely configured via its own UI, but a convenient web-based configuration tool is also available here, which communicates with the module directly via MIDI SysEx.
For MIDI Expanders, check out the Expert Sleepers MIDI Breakout for DIN MIDI or the Expert Sleepers Tiny MIDI Breakout for TRS MIDI.