This is the main oscillator in the COCO system.
Cascades is our most fully featured analog oscillator. Some of the unique features are:
- Through zero FM oscillator
- Morph output with CV control to morph between TRI, SAW and PUL waves.
- Octave switch to simplify tuning
- Cosine output - fun for stereo - also for going full analog quadrature with our SUM+INV module
- VCO and LFO ranges
- Amplitude modulation built-in with either offset or full wave rectification for the modulating wave.
- Switchable mod wave output between morph out and SIN (jumper on back)
The COS output can only be tuned to work with either the VCO or LFO range. At the "factory" we have tuned it for VCO usage. Stay tuned for tuning instructions if you would prefer to use it for LFO range.
The chip used for the core of this module is the SSI2130, which has a tendency to lock up on startup when the power rails come up asymmetrically, which is most common in Intellijel power supplies. I did my best to fix this but there may still be instances where the unit locks up on startup. If you end up in this state, just flip the LFO/VCO switch to get it behaving.
Thanks to Neil Johnson at Sound Semiconductor for being so helpful in creating this.