WMD's first percussion synthesizer module for Eurorack
Humanistic shakers, drum machine tambourines, laser guns, minimal techno offbeats, giant-robot movie sound design, etc. It's all yours with Chimera (kai-meer-ah).
First, we recorded samples of different metallic hits to create the sonic signatures that we call Surfaces. The sources include tambourines, sleigh bells, drill bits, wrenches, shell casings, coins, chains, stomp box enclosures and about 50 eurorack panels from an order that came damaged from our supplier. Unlike it's younger sibling, Fracture, Chimera uses impulse rich sonic signatures that have lots of detail and long tails to create rich, detailed, shaker like sounds.
Second, we built a proprietary granular synthesis engine around the sonic signatures with the goal of making a module that could sound like a human hitting and shaking a tambourine. With the fundamentals finished, we tweaked the control ranges, built the post-engine effects, and bomb-proofed the hardware.
From there we pushed and polished the engine and user experience, squeezing every juicy drop out of 8HP.
- Wide array of rich, detailed sample sources
- Proprietary granular synthesis engine
- Firmware upgradeable via USB
- Power: +12V = 63mA; -12V = 17mA
- All CV Inputs: 100k ohm impedance
- CV inputs sum with knobs
- Full sweep is 5V
- Gate Inputs: 100k ohm impedance
- 2V threshold Schmitt Trigger
- Audio Output: 220 ohm impedance
- 20Vpp range
- 1.0ms latency max
- Size: 8HP
- Depth: 30mm (with cables)
- Every WMD product is warrantied for 12 months after purchase, but please contact us if you ever have problems. We will take care of you.