Triptych is a multi-tiered module consisting of a trio of internally re-routable effects with the addition of input and output voltage-controlled amplifiers. From distortion to karplus-strong and polyphonic resonance, Triptych is designed to be a unique sound shaping and transformation tool – from subtle to extreme via a fully analog signal path.
- High gain Input VCA with transistor saturation/overdrive. CV Input.
- Multimode VCF with voltage controlled cutoff and resonance capable of self-oscillation and tracking 1V/octave. Selectable Low-pass, Band-pass and High-pass filter modes. Filter can be routed before or after the distortion and BBD sub-sections.
- Multimode Distortion featuring two unique voltage controllable distortion types --designed to create additional waveform peaks and harmonics for resonation.
- Resonant BBD exhibiting fast delays, flanging and comb-filtering effects. Voltage controlled clock and range select. Voltage controlled regeneration and feedback type. Voltage controlled wet/dry mixer.
- Distortion and Comb sections can be re-routed into one another.
- High gain Output VCA with CV Input.
Introducing BII Electronics, a new maker of modular tools for music creation and sound destruction.
Founded by musicians and friends Boys Noize and Baseck, BII is driven by a shared obsession with Eurorack-based processes, bringing ideas to reality through collaboration with the world's best specialist hardware manufacturers.
Two artists, with combined decades of sound design, music production, and live performance experience, joined by one innovator in engineering and manufacturing. This team of three's collective inspiration and individual insights are embodied in the form and function of every BII instrument. With this partnership in mind, it is fitting that BII's inaugural module carries the name "TRIPTYCH."
TRIPTYCH was imagined through hands-on practice -- the discovery of a unique chain of three devices generating sounds of incomparable timbral character, and an affinity for compact modules with an all-analogue signal path.
Already enthusiasts of the craftsmanship of New York-based hardware producer Steady State Fate, Boys Noize and Baseck invited SSF designer Andrew Morelli to collaborate on BII's first module. The newly formed trio's combined knowledge and uncompromising attention to detail resulted in a bespoke, completely integrated module that surpassed expectations: Distortion (3x), Flange/Comb, and Filter, with all paths internally re-routable. TRIPTYCH was born.
Three collaborators, three effects, and endless possibilities - we look forward to hearing what you discover as you unfold BII Electronics' TRIPTYCH.
The SSF/Steady State Fate + BII Electronics Triptych Filter and Distortion is used in these videos: