The Three Body is a phase and frequency modulation toolkit, designed to bring digital techniques to an analog interface. It consists of three oscillators which can be used independently but which have normalized connections to facilitate exploration and improvisation.
- Three separate high quality oscillators
- Each oscillator has volts/octave input
- Each oscillator has both a phase and a frequency modulation input
- Each oscillator has a modulation index (VCA) cv input
- Each oscillator has sine, triangle, saw, and square outputs (for a total of 16 outputs)
- The center oscillator has two phase related output pairs for stereo usage (sine and cosine, saw and cosaw)
- Each oscillator can independently be set in a free running or ratio mode
- Each oscillator can have either exponential or linear through zero frequency modulation
- Each oscillator can track external signals at a cv controllable frequency ratio
- Frequency ratios can be cv controlled
- Tracks volts per octave over at least 4 octaves of positive CV and 2 or 3 of negative CV.
- Built around an FPGA core with high internal sample rate for audio rate modulation
- Skiff friendly 30mm depth
- current consumption of 95mA on +12V (less than 200mA on startup) and 50mA on -12V